The Rappen was the low-priced alternative first offered in addition to the Pelikan 100. It was first made as simple pump filler (where the rear end of the fountain pen is unscrewed and the rubber bag inside squeezed), but later the Rappen was also available as a piston filler.
The first copies of the barrel were transparent blue, later the pen was made in yellow and transparent dark green.
In1936 the Rappen was replaced by the piston filler IBIS in Germany. From then on, the Rappen was only offered for sale abroad and after 1939 it was sold as a piston filler.
After the war the IBIS fountain pen with the Imprint Rappen was manufactured for export.
14 ct gold nib
|Weight||Total Length||Barrel Length||Cap Length||Diameter||Ink Capacity|
|0.39 oz||4.41 in||3.66 in||2.20 in||0.43 in|
|11.0 g||112 mm||93 mm||56 mm||11 mm|